5 Trends from Fashion Week That Had Us Shook
The hurricane of garments came and went. Here’s the top 5 trends you need to jump on like now, duh.
Half & Half
- Not the creamer to your morning coffee, but a fashion fix sure to wow the street style bystanders. Channel the light and the dark side in you, with a statement dress by Sally LaPointe.
- Cynthia Rowley,
Crispy White Suits
- You might have to have your dry-cleaners’ number on speed dial, but a small price to pay for the level of chic you’ll be rocking. Go oversized for a more 80’s vibe, or fitted for the working girl. I’d say this is a great work-to-drinks look pero like only if you’re ordering white (wine, that is).
- Barragan, Prabal Gurung, Deveaux, Area, Jonathan Simkhai
- St Laurent deff introduced this cut in the ss 18 show (in front of the Eiffel tower, duh) and perhaps it was premature for the fashion flock. Now is the time, kiddos. From full-length dresses to peplum mid-sections make like a hot air balloon and embrace the bubble. https://www.thecut.com/2017/09/saint-laurent-eiffel-tower.html
- Pyer Moss, Jonathan Simkhai, Vaquera,
- We know what you’re thinking, this is lazy. No. Not when done right at least. You’d be surprised how challenging it can be to find the right shade of a hue. But when you do, clutch a f. Taste the rainbow, just don’t do all black — that’s reserved for the little black dresses and sad artists.
- Pyer Moss, Prabal Gurung, PRISCAvera, Tibi, Brandon Maxwell, Area, Christian Siriano,
- School the newschool influencers (omg I can’t believe we ran into attendees that were born in late 90s) on how chic the 80’s were. Channel your inner flashdance this spring with funky neon colors, bold shoulder pads, and eccentric accessories. Try a perm, f*ck it. We’re so happy the taffeta ruffles are back. Perm? Let’s not go that far. Madonna where you at?
- Maryam Nasser Zadeh, Sandy Liang, Anna Sui, Barragan, Christian Siriano, LaQuan Smith,